Healthy white chicken chili that is fine and sweet, yet there is no cream! Produced with green chile, corn, chicken and mixed chickpeas to allow it to be creamy and thick. This simple white chicken broth recipe may even be produced from the toaster and is likely to develop into a new family favorite. Serve with avocado, cilantro, tortilla and chips.
I suggest looking this creamy, wholesome white chicken chili recipe since hot damn, it may just be my new favourite.
What is unique about this particular white chicken chili recipe is the fact that it is made with no cream, milk or dairy, however the broth remains so tasty! The trick is using yummy chickpeas, in the entire form and blended to produce a rich puree that is slid into the soup to substitute the milk or cream that is typically utilized in the majority of white chicken chili recipes.
Normally, white chicken broth is made out of white beans, but I happen to love the taste and feel of chickpeas so that I opted to use them within this variant and dang, it was delicious.
Healthy White Chicken Chili
- 1½ lbs boneless-skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breast)
- 2 tsp chili-powder
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¾ tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 medium white-onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp dried-oregano
- 1 tbsp ground-cumin
- 1 can mild green-chiles
- ½ tbsp olive-oil
- ½ cup frozen-corn
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- freshly ground black-pepper
- tortilla-strips or chips
- extra cilantro
- extra lime wedge
- Add olive-oil into a large-pot and set over medium-heat. Add onion and green-chiles and cook until softened, about 3-4minutes.
- Next stir in cumin, chili-powder, coriander and dried oregano, let the spices to cook for 30seconds then add chicken-broth, 1 can of drained chickpeas (approximately 1½ cups chickpeas), raw chicken breast, pepper and salt. Simmer on medium-low heat for 20-30minutes.
- After 20minutes, then remove the chicken with a slotted-spoon and then shred with 2 forks. Next add fresh lime-juice and cilantro.
- Last, add the rest can of rinsed and drained chickpeas (1½ cups chickpeas) and ½ cup water (or broth) into a blender. Blend until slightly smooth, adding a bit more water if needed.
- Pour mixed chickpeas into soup pot and stir in the corn, lime-juice and cilantro. Allow soup to simmer and cook for 5-10minutes. You can serve with more tortilla chips and extra kime wedge plus avocado.