Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping – this really is the most effective sweet curry noodle!! The sweet potatoes are creamy and tender, although the streusel topping provides a beautiful buttery crunch due to its pecans.
I adore sweet potatoes and also have a bunch of recipes from bread to enchiladas, but that I had been overlooking a timeless: sweet potato casserole. This was about time that I left it and we loved each snack since this isn’t just any ole sweet potato candy recipe. The crispy butter pecan crumble topping really sets it aside. This sweet potato casserole with pecans is a simple recipe to create and build prior to draining off it particularly if you are cooking it for a holiday dinner such as Thanksgiving or even Christmas Eve dinner. If cooking a holiday dinner it is so valuable to get as many things from the’ready to pop in the oven’ point as you can, and this simple sweet potato casserole is just one of these dishes. I had prep it on the night before, cover, and refrigerate in case you are intending on prepping beforehand.
The sweet potatoes are really tender, creamy, sweet, and tender although the crumbly, streusel topping adds an tacky, brown sour crunch due to its pecans. Fisher Nuts are preservative-free along with non-GMO Project Verified, which makes them an superb option for holiday and cooking baking. The resealable bag helps to keep the nuts clean for more. Keep an eye out for their packaging on shelves this past season. The brown sugar caramelizes from the oven using all the egg and the topping is equally also irresistible. I sort of want to place this topping on what today.
Tips for Making the Best Sweet Potato Casserole:
- You are welcome to utilize any unsweetened milk you would enjoy within this sweet potato casserole recipe (milk or non-dairy milk may operate ). I utilized an Icelandic cashew milk, however, use whatever you’ve got available.
- My sweet potato casserole took 50minutes to inhale since I began making it cold out of the refrigerator (I prepped it that the evening before). Be aware that carbonated times will be different dependent on the pan employed (ceramic or glass baking dishes will probably inhale for more than metal utensils ), your own oven, climate, component variances, etc.. ) To be safe, begin assessing your sweet potato casserole with pecan topping at 30minutes.
- Last, a couple readers have asked the amount of sweet potatoes equivalent 4 lbs. My very best advice would be to weigh your sausage in the supermarket to learn how many you are going to need. The amount of sweet potatoes required will change based upon their dimensions.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Butter Pecan Crumble Topping
- 4 lbs raw sweet-potatoes, diced into large chunks & boiled
- ½ cup light brown-sugar, packed
- ¼ cup unsalted-butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla-extract
- 2 tbsp granulated-sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp ground-nutmeg, optional
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup Fisher-Pecan-Halves
- ½ cup all-purpose-flour
- ⅔ cup light brown-sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp salt, to taste
- 5 tbsp unsalted-butter, melted
Make the Filling
- To a large stockpot, add the sweet-potato-chunks, cover with warm water & bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until sweet-potatoes are crispy tender. Drain well and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F & spray on a 2.5 into 3-quart baking dish or a 9×13-inch skillet with cooking spray; then place aside.
- To the large-bowl together with all the sweet potatoes, add the eggs, milk, butter, brown-sugar, granulated-sugar, vanilla, salt, and discretionary nutmeg, optional cinnamon, then overcome using a handheld electric mixer onto medium-high rate till blended and fluffy.
- Turn out to baking dish, smoothing the top gently with a spatula; put aside.
Make the Topping
- To a massive microwave-safe bowl, then put in the butter and heat to high power to melt about a minute.
- Add the brown-sugar, flour, salt, and toss with a fork or your fingers until moist crumbs form.
- Add the pecans & toss to include.
- Evenly turn topping out more than filling.
- Bake the sweet potato casserole for approximately 45minutes (or cover and refrigerate for up to 24-hours in case you are prepping it beforehand ), or until top is lightly golden-browned, place on the edges & largely set in the middle. Mine took 50minutes since I began with it cold out of the refrigerator since I uttered it that the evening before. Baking time will vary according to pan employed (ceramic or glass baking dishes will inhale for more than metal utensils )and oven, climate, component variances, etc.. ) Start checking at 30minutes.
- Serve immediately. Extra will maintain airtight for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.