This recipe for cod fish tacos is experienced white fish lined with creamy sauce, corn cabbage slaw, squeeze of fresh lime and avocado slices. All wrapped within warm corn tortillas.
This fish tacos cod fillets seared to fantastic, layered with creamy fish taco sauce, corn cabbage slaw then topped with squeeze of lime and avocado slices.
Tips for Cod Fish Tacos Recipe:
- The fish taco sauce may be made a day beforehand.
- Use Greek yogurt to make the creamy and slaw sauce to save on calories.
- Be careful to not-overcook the fish, white fish, such as cod typically cooks quite fast (depending on depth ).
- To save prep time, you can season the fish with 1 tbsp of taco-seasoning rather than each one the individual spices.
- You may use flour-tortillas or hard-taco shells rather than corn-tortillas, if you would like.
For cooking fish you can use this methods:
- Bake: Preheat oven to 375°F. Put fish in baking-dish sprayed with cooking-spray. Then bake for 8-12minutes, or till the fish flakes when pierced with a fork.
- Broiler: Set the oven to high-broil. Put fish on baking-pan sprayed with cooking-spray. Then broil the fish about 5minutes, or till the fish flakes when pierced with a fork.
- Grill: Heat the grill to medium-high-heat. Grill the fish for 3-4minutes before turning and cooking on the opposite side, or until fish is totally white and cooked through.
- Pan: Heat a little oil or spray non-stick cooking-spray in a large-skillet over medium-high-heat. When pan is hot, add fish. Do not move the fish for 3minutes as soon as you’ve put them in the skillet, that helps get a fantastic browned crust. Flip them after 3 minutes and then cook for an additional 2-3minutes, till cooked through. Remove from heat.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Cod Fish Tacos Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Healthy Skinny Taco Salad
- Easy Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- Roasted Veggie Tacos
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Cod Fish Tacos
For the Fish
- 1 ½ lbs cod or other white flaky fish
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika or cajun seasoning for more heat
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
For the Slaw
- ¼ cup mayo or greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage (or a combination of green and purple)
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn (if canned drained and if frozen, thawed)
- 1 jalapeño minced
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayo
- juice from 1/2 lime
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (optional for extra spice)
- salt to taste
- corn tortillas
- lime wedges
- diced or sliced avocado
- In a shallow-dish, mix together oil, garlic powder, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin, pepper and salt. Then add cod, toss till evenly coated and lightly rub all the seasoning to the fish onto alll sides. Let marinate for 15minutes.
- Make the Slaw: In a large-bowl, stir together lime juice, cilantro, honey and mayo. Then add in cabbage, jalapeño and corn. Season with a dash of pepper and salt. Put aside.
- Make the Sauce: Mix all taco-sauce ingredients in a small-bowl and put aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Put fish in baking-dish sprayed with cooking-spray. Then bake for 8-12minutes, or till fish flakes when pierced with a fork.
- After fish is cooking, carefully break-up the fish up by means of a fork, right into bite-sized pieces. Then pop the tortillas in the microwave for 20-30seconds. (Either on a skillet for 20-30seconds each side, or on the grill for 20-30minutes or just till they get a couple of char-lines on each side).
- Split fish among of heated-tortillas & top with avocado and slaw. Squeeze lime-juice on top and drizzle with sauce. You can serve with chips and enjoy!