Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast was a recipe I have been attempting to create forever and I’ve made it. I wish I’d have left it earlier. So here is the offer. My children aren’t your typical kids in regards to meals. I knew they had been willing to test foods, however if my 6 year-old girl came home from college, saw sliced broccoli in my dressing table and promptly asked if she would eat it. Well, that is simply not normal.
Afterward, when I had been creating this recipe, then she had been right from my side, super excited I wasn’t just stuffing this chicken with broccolibut additionally red bell peppers. She is not the only one of my children who has excited about vegetables. I guess that I need to chalk this one up into a parenting triumph. Next time my children do something totally awkward like farting in the center of church, so I will just bear in mind that they eat their veggies. But this chicken is really simple to create!
Tips for making this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- Chop your broccoli florets fine and little so that they can fit within the chicken.
- Select big chicken breasts.
- Do not cut off your chicken breast feeding all the way through, only enough to make a pocket.
- If you do not have a oven safe skillet, then you can re arrange the chicken into a skillet , then move into an oven safe dish.
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1½ tsp garlic-powder, divided
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 cup finely chopped-broccoli florets
- ½ cup finely diced red-bell pepper
- 1 cup mild cheddar-cheese
- 2 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 tsp mayo
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Season each side of the chicken breasts with pepper, salt, paprika & ½ teaspoon of this garlic-powder. Use a sharp-knife cut a piece through the center of the chicken breasts, but not all of the way through, making a pocket for your filling.
- For the filling, put the broccoli in a microwaveable dish and add about two tbsp of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for a minute. Drain any excess water. To this dish add the bell pepper, cheese, mayo, remaining garlic powder and pepper and salt to taste. Mix until blended, then divide the mixture between the chicken breasts, then with a toothpick to secure if needed.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet (I prefer using a cast iron skillet), over moderate heat and add olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3-4minutes on each side. Cover skillet with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15-17minutes, or till chicken reads 165 degrees. Let rest, covered for 5minutes before serving.