Chicken Tamale Casserole – this Cheesy Chicken Tamale Casserole is a fast and effortless household weeknight dinner with all of the tastes of classic tamales with the fuss!
It mix all of the tastes of these authentic-tamales into a simple casserole dish which requires less than 1 hour. Since I am a significant lover of all things. This casserole is made with a boxed cornbread mixture that is infused with cream-corn, chili-powder, cumin and a bit of cheese.
When the all is completed cooking you just pour a few of your favourite enchilada-sauce all around the top. Toss onto a some shredded-chicken and a bit more cheese, then let it finish baking in the oven until it is fine a loaf around.
More delicious recipe and you’ll love it:
- Loaded Homemade Queso Dip
- Bufflao Chicken Tortilla Pinwheel
- Burrito Bowls with Grilled Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Chicken Tamale Casserole
- 1 package corn-muffin mix (about 8½ oz)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, from rotisseri- chicken
- 1 can cream-style corn
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp chili-powder
- 2 cups shredded taco-cheese blend, divided
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1½ cups enchilada-sauce
- sliced black-olives
- shredded lettuce
- finely chopped-cilantro
- diced tomato
- chopped green-onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray with a 9×13" casserole dish with non-stick cooking-spray, put aside.
- In a large-bowl, combine the corn muffin mix, cream-style corn, milk, eggs, chili-powder, cumin and 1 cup of cheese. Stir till blended then pour into the casserole dish. Bake about 20minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a knife to pierce the cornbread mix many times around. Pour the enchilada-sauce throughout the surface of the casserole. Top with the shredded-chicken & sweet-cheese. Bake about 20minutes.
- Let to cool for 10minutes before cutting to bits & serving together with optional toppings.
Wanna make this Quesadilla Burger recipe? This burger was awesome and amazing! The crispy tortilla & the jalapenos gave this burger an extra burst of flavor! Definitely worth making, especially since it’s almost effortlessly easy to make!