These crunchy tacos full of absolutely spiced black-beans and melty cheese are seriously addictive! The avocado carrot sauce is to die for. An easy vegetarian meal that children, teenagers and adults will love.
I really like black-beans in just about any kind, but to me that the true star of the recipe is your avocado-lime sauce. Consider it like a cross between cilantro-lime grooming and guacamole. It is absolutely ideal for dipping those tacos, or as a garnish for burritos or cakes.
I seem to have the ingredients to the recipe in my own kitchen, so that is ideal for weeknights when I am short on time. I really like that the tacos are abundant and crispy, and the sauce is stuffed with fresh tastes.
This recipe makes 12 tacos for 6 servings & a small amount of additional sauce. In case 12 tacos is a lot of, this recipe is truly simple to cut in half an hour. However, is there actually anything as a lot of tacos?
Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Lime Sauce
For the Tacos
- 3 cups Mexican Black-Beans
- ¾ cup Mexican-cheese blend
- 4-6 tbsp vegetable-oil, divided
- 12 corn-tortillas
For the Sauce
- 2 avocados
- 3 limes, juiced
- ½ bunch-cilantro, thick stems removed
- ⅓ cup olive-oil
- 1 tsp taco-seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp salt
Make the Sauce
- Add all-ingredients in a blender. Blend till smooth.
Make the Tacos
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Insert 2 tortillas into the skillet & allow them to heat from the oil for approximately 10 secs.
- Cover 1 side of each tortilla using 1/4 cup beans & top beans with 1 tbsp Mexican-Cheese Blend.
- With a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half an hour, along with it self & push down using the spatula to form the taco.
- Cook 3-4 mins, then having a spatula reverse the tacos and cook an extra 3-4 mins, until browned & crispy.
- Continue the procedure until all of the tacos are completed, adding extra-oil as the pan dries.
- Serve immediately.