This is veggie, classic, grain & also tahini-buddha bowl that is hearty, filling and ideal for meal preparation.
These vegan red lentil quinoa bowls are filled with nutrition and ideal for meal prep. They comprise red-lentils, quinoa, roasted-squash and carrot, lemon tahini sauce and broccoli to for a filling, buddha-bowl-style meal.
Here’s what you will need to make this lentil and grain buddha-bowl:
- Roasted butternut squash and carrots. You are going to require a medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed and approximately 1 carrot perbowl.
- Red-lentils. Red lentils are full of protein, minerals and vitamins and require only 15minutes to cook. These may also be cookedin in advance.
- Quinoa. Quinoa is among the maximum protein entire grains and can be obviously fermented. It’s a nutty flavour which operates nicely in this recipe. Quinoa requires 15minutes, but can make in advance for quick assembly.
- Tahini-sauce. Tahini lemon sauce is ideal for buddha-bowls. It is creamy, so tatsy and simple to make with ingredients.
- Steamed-broccoli. Steamed broccoli. The steamed broccoli is the one thing I would not advise making beforehand, but you may absolutely wash and chop the broccoli in advance.
Here is how to I cook the Quinoa:
- Bring water to a boil, with a 2:1 ratio of water into quinoa.
- Add the quinoa, cover & reduce to a light-simmer.
- Cook for 15minutes and then remove from heat & let stand for 5minutes without removing the lid.
- Fluff with a fork & it’s ready to go.
If you make this recipe, make certain to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You could even share this recipe on your social media. You can also find me on Pinterest.
Maybe you wanna make this recipes at home and i think your family will love it!
- Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Cauliflower Taco Bowls with Creamy Vegan Cilantro Ranch
- Easy Vegetable Lasagna
- Burst Tomato and Zucchini Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce
LENTIL QUINOA BOWL
For the Bowls
- 1 tsp olive-oil for roasting the squash & carrots
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (or about 1cup chopped per bowl)
- 4 cups peeled & cubed butternut-squash (or about 1cup per bowl)
- 4 large carrots (or about ½cup chopped per bowl)
- 2 cups red-lentils (or ½cup cooked per bowl)
- 2 cups cooked-quinoa (or ½cup cooked per bowl)
- salt & pepper
For the Lemon Tahini-Sauce
- 4 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup lemon-juice
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- ½ tsp sea-salt
- water to thin, slowly add & whisk until you reach your desired consistency
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Add the peeled & cubed butternut-squash and sliced carrot into a roasting tray. Add 1 tsp olive-oil & generous sprinkling of sea-salt and pepper, then use the hands to blend.
- Roast for 35-45minutes till tender.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli & cook the quinoa & lentils when you have not prepared them beforehand.
- To create the tahini-sauce, then throw the ingredients together till creamy & smooth.
- To assemble, divide everything involving 4 bowls or containers and serve straight away.
- To cook quinoa, add 2cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup uncooked quinoa, reduce heat to a light simmer, then cover and cook for 15minutes. Remove from heat & off the quinoa with a fork.
- To cook red-lentils, bring 2cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup dry-lentils, cover & cook for 15-20minutes till tender.