This Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff, make ahead casserole is what you love about Steak Stroganoff with the ease of using ground beef along with a couple of ingredients. No canned soup , the taste is homemade!
Make ahead casserole recipes tug at my heart strings, along with the sauce in this particular one is really creamy and rich taste.
Why is this recipe so worth making? Because they’re budget friendly, just need simple ingredients plus this recipe easy to make!
- Fridge: this casserole can be kept in an airtight-container in the refrigerator and used within 3-days.
- Freezer: beef stroganoff can be frozen & can be used up to 3-months.
- To reheat frozen casserole: allow it to defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Bake it covered at 350° for 20 minutes or so, till warmed through and hot.
- Adding Italian Seasoning into the ground beef is a superb way add more taste.
- Adding chicken or beef bouillon into the boiling pasta water provides the noodles a taste kick!
- Peas and mushrooms make a fantastic complement to this casserole. Mushrooms can be adding at exactly the exact same period as the diced onions, whereas the peas could be added into the sauce once the sour-cream is stirred in.
Please, if you recreate this Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb ground beef I use 85% lean
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 8 oz egg noodles uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ¾ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- parsley to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the egg noodles according on the package directions. Drain and put aside.
- Heat the olive oil on medium-high-heat in a large pot. Then add the ground beef and cook and crumble till it is browned and cooked through. Season with desirable amounts of pepper and salt.
- Remove the cooked-beef from the pot and put aside, leave the grease from the pan.
- Add the onion into the pan and then sauté over moderate heat for 5 minutes or till tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for extra minute, till aromatic and then add the butter into the pan and swirl around till it is melted.
- Use a fork to stir into the flour and cook for a minute, stirring continuously. Then stir in half the beef broth till incorporated, then put in the next half.
- Use a spatula to scrape the brown bits in the bottom of the pan, then that will provide the sauce lots of taste.
- Mix in the sour cream, mustard, and half the cheese till well-combined. (Sour cream will keep melting & will gradually integrate in the mix) Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes, till thickened.
- Add the ground beef back into the sauce and use a silicone-spatula to combine the egg noodles.
- Pour into a 9×13″ greased casserole-dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375° for 15-20 minutes, till the cheese is melted and hot.
- Serve and top with chopped parsley.
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Steak Taco Bowls (Low Carb, Paleo, Whole30)
- Philly Cheese Steak Lettuce Wraps
- Creamy Steak Fettucine
- Garlic Butter Herb Steak Bites with Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles