French Onion Salisbury Steak can be just a flavorful spin on a timeless dinner recipe! This comfortable food is therefore simple to generate and gets got the most astounding tasty sauce. This is really a genuine classic, a youth fave, atleast for many people who was raised at the mid west and love that our comfort foods all of fall/winter long.
I have found it called Salisbury beef, hamburger beef, and sliced beef. However, it’s fundamentally the exact same task! Ground-beef becomes coupled with eggs, bread crumbs, seasonings and seared in a skillet and smothered in brown sauce! In any event I already have a yummy Chopped Steak recipe in my website and that I knew I needed to do some other variant however, mix up things a little. Since everybody else loves our French Onion Steak and Noodles therefore much, I presumed it’d be fine to execute sort of skillet hamburger patty. I used to be right, the french skillet is merely so tender, after which ofcourse topping off them with cheese not hurts any such thing.
WHAT GOES GOOD WITH SALISBURY STEAK?
Let us talk dishes! Some times my favourite element of the meal, however, these beans really glow the many! Some of the favourite what to function with those mashed potatoes. We have a great recipe for Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos or One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Cilantro Lime Chicken with Mango Salsa. Another option are these Easy Vegetable Lasagna and the most Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry.
French Onion Salisbury Steak
- 2 medium Yellow-Onions, Thinly-Sliced
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire-Sauce Divided
- 1 large Egg
- 1½ pounds Lean Ground-Beef
- 2¼ cups Beef-Broth, Divided
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ⅓ cup Panko-Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Garlic-powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan-Cheese
- 8 slices Provolone-Cheese
- Melt the butter in a large skillet medium-high warmth. Add the chopped onions, 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, and also ¼ cup of the beef broth into the skillet and stir to coat the blossoms.
- Keep on cooking the onions, stirring periodically for 6-7mins until golden & soft.
- In a large bowl put in the ground beef, egg, 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Use your hands or a large spoon to gently combine the beef mix until it's well blended.
- Type the beef mixture to 5 balls, then flatten into patties, put out in a plate or cutting board.
- After the onions have softened, scoot them into both sides and insert the patties to your pan.
- Fry the patties for 4mins each side, subsequently, remove to a plate.
- Stir the onions round from the pan, then sprinkle the flour over the onions and cookstirring constantly for a minute.
- Gently pour the rest of the beef broth to the skillet, stirring and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-lowand insert the patties back into the pan.
- Top each patty evenly with the cheese. Cover the skillet and simmer for 6-8mins till cheese is melted, gravy is thickened, and the beef is cooked .
- I recommend using a ground steak with 15-20% fat material for the best taste, however, really lean beef will operate if needed.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated and kept in an airtight container for up to 3 times.
- If you’re allergic to sodium, you might choose to utilize low sodium stock/broth with this particular recipe. It is possible to use Italian or regular breadcrumbs instead of the panko breadcrumbs. This recipe is made with mozzarella, white cheddar, or chopped gouda set up of this provolone if wanted.