Fresh Spring Rolls this is a quick, easy to make and healthy. Rich of flavour, plus they’re even better than you’d find at a restaurant.
This recipe is very easy to adapt to utilize ingredients you like and have available. I am sharing what I usually put inside them, but the choices are endless, such as bean sprouts, chicken, lettuce, bell peppers avocado.
I love to serve them with homemade-peanut-sauce for dipping and they create a fantastic light dinner, lunch or appetizer.
We have made them a lot of times which we have perfected our tips and method, I am eager to share them with you!
The rolls flavor best the day they were created, but they might be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days. Wrap each roll separately in plastic wrap and then store in a air-tight container in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegetarian Gyros
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- Creamy Spinach Tortellini
- Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Chicken
- Cod Fish Tacos
Fresh Spring Rolls
- 1 package spring roll rice wrappers
- 1 large carrot peeled and shredded or sliced into thin strips
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 large English cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 mangos peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 lb small cooked shrimp deveined, tails removed (or substitute chicken)
- 1 package vermicelli rice noodles
For the Peanut Sauce
- ½ tsp spoon hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- ½ tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup sweet chili sauce
- Cook vermicelli-noodles in boiling-water, for a couple of minutes according to package directions. Then drain and rinse with cold-water.
- Collect all of the ingredients together, such as chopped vegetables, cooked legumes and herbs.
- Add approximately 1-inch of water into a large deep dish. Put one rice wrapper to the water and let soak for 10-15 minutes.
- It’ll soften up since you add the filling-ingredients, but should you let it soak for too long it can become too soft and will rip if you roll it up.
- Layer 1-2 slices of every veggie, a couple of shrimp, a few leaves of every herb along with a pinch of noodles onto 1/3 of spring roll.
- Fold the sides of the spring roll in over the ingredients. Then pull on the side nearest to you and above the ingredients, sealing everything together snugly, and rolling it up like a burrito.
- For the peanut sauce: Add all ingredients in the blender or food processor then pulse till smooth.