New year, new you, together with cheesy breakfast quesadillas, needless to say! I am serious, guys. It is week two of this year and that I have my breakfast and ready to opt for the week. And it is my preferred sort of quesadillas the ones which you could consume at 7AM with ham, eggs, cheese and broccoli.
But do not worry, these will not force you to crash using a food coma! I guarantee. They are filling and hearty, and they are just 291 calories a serving, and that has the fruit. Meal prep beforehand so that you may have breakfast done every morning!
Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
- 1 cup chopped broccoli-florets
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green-onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- 4 inch whole wheat-tortilla
- ½ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar-cheese
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- Kosher-salt and freshly-ground black-pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment-paper.
- Heat olive-oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Add garlic & cook, stirring regularly, until fragrant about a minute. Stir in broccoli & ham until broccoli is tender & bright green, about 3-4minutes.
- Add eggs into the skillet & cook, stirring lightly using a silicone or heat-proof spatula, until they simply start to place; season with pepper and salt, to taste. Keep on cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5minutes. Stir in green-onions.
- Layer half each tortilla with all the egg mix, sprinkle with cheese. Fold in half & set on the prepared baking sheet.
- Put into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 5-6minutes.
- Place quesadillas, blueberries, raspberries & tangerines into meal prep containers.