Ground beef is it is budget-friendly, thaws quickly and there is a lot of distinct things to create with this. Like a salisbury steak, meatloaf, meatballs, lasagna, spaghetti sauce and tacos!
Homemade ground beef steaks and coated in the tasty mushroom sauce, therefore rich of flavour. I call these mini meatloaves and I love them with egg noodles or perhaps rice, this is such a versatile meal!
I love to purchase lean ground beef and earn a lot of meatloaves, meatballs and salisbury beef patties for your freezer.
It is an all beef recipe, but if you’d like to change this up, you might even use a mixture of beef and pork. Or even ground turkey, even if you’d like.
Oven directions 30 minutes, covered, in the oven will cook your steaks, also. And inner temperature, recall! In the event you cook your steaks, be sure they reach inner temperature of 160°F to be secure!
Freeze Uncooked Patties
Set them onto a lined baking-sheet in one-layer and cover with foil and freeze till firm for 2-hours. Then move to freezer bags containers for up to 3 weeks. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then move with the recipe as directions.
Freeze Cooked Patties
Freeze the cooked patties in sauce. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in a pan or from the oven till hot all the way through.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you make this Homemade Salisbury Steak Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Steak Taco Bowls (Low Carb, Paleo, Whole30)
- Philly Cheese Steak Lettuce Wraps
- Creamy Steak Fettucine
- Garlic Butter Herb Steak Bites with Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
Homemade Salisbury Steak
For the Steaks
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 green pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried onion powder
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
For the Gravy
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ketchup
- ½ lb brown button mushrooms sliced
- ½ tsp dried onion powder
Make the Steaks
- Put all ingredients to the steaks in a large-bowl (except for the oil) and blend well, then shape into 4-6 patties.
Brown the steaks
- Heat the oil in a large-skillet and brown the steaks out of each side, for 3-5 minutes each. Remove to a plate.
Make the Gravy
- At the exact same skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Stir in the flour and cook until beginning to brown. Don’t let it get too dark, or it’ll be bitter.
- Pour in the stock, stirring nicely. Season with worcestershire sauce, ketchup and onion powder. Then add the mushrooms, then bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Finish Cooking the Steaks
- Put the steaks in the sauce and cook, covered for 10-15 minutes till cooked through.