Prosciutto Asparagus puff-pastry Bundles – all these Prosciutto Asparagus puff-pastry Bundles are a simple and elegant appetizer or brunch thought! Perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day or some other spring brunch! Puff-pastry is a dough made from flour, water, butter and salt. Once baked, it leads to a light, flaky pastry, also may be used for sweet or savory-recipes. It’s sold in the frozen-foods section of the supermarket, typically close to the frozen pie crusts.
What Can I Use Instead of Puff Pastry?
Although puff-pastry is my favorite ingredient for all these puff-pastry bundles, it is possible to substitute crescent-roll-dough at a pinch. I really do believe puff-pastry has a much better texture and taste, however. I don’t recommend substituting phyllo-dough. Phyllo-dough is a lot more flaky and does not have the correct feel with this recipe.
How to Use Puff Pastry?
The main point to keep in mind when using puff-pastry is you don’t want it to get overly warm. If ought to be thawed from frozen, but not left out in room temperature for long. I enjoy mine to warm-up just enough so I can roll it out, therefore 30-40minutes in room-temperature. If the puff-pastry is too warm, it’ll be tricky to utilize and it will not puff up as much when baked.
Looking more Tasty recipe? Check this out my recommend recipes.
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
- Baked Caesar Chicken
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Creamy Steak Fettucine
- Taco Bell Quesarito
Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed (about 12-16 oz)
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 8 oz Gruyere shredded
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive-oil
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a sheet-pan with parchment-paper.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to a large-rectangle approximately twice the size. Square off borders & cut into 6-squares.
- Toss asparagus in olive-oil & season with pepper and salt.
- To make the bundles, put piece of prosciutto on-top of the square. I sliced the prosciutto in-half so that it fit well on the square. Follow 3-4 stalks of asparagus (based on size) and 1-2 tbsp cheese.
- Lift 2 different corners of this puff pastry-squares & wrap them round the asparagus & press to seal. Brush puff pastry with egg-wash. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Bake till puff-pastry is golden & puffed for 12-15minutes and the serve immediately.
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Dijon Aioli – with a creamy dijon-aioli dipping sauce! Oven-baked and air-fried methods both accessible! These super-crispy brussels sprouts with a dijon aioli make the very best holiday party appetizer or side-dish….. Read More