This cheesy potato casserole is completely delicious. It’s foundation is creamy noodle potatoes which get topped with wheat germ flakes cereal which make crispy when cooked. A conventional Funeral Potatoes recipe (AKA potluck sausage or celebration potatoes) leaves a lot. So it is a wonderful dish to bring into a event with plenty of folks, like a funeral, potluck, or celebration.
The one issue with this particular recipe is that although it is really great, I would not ever make it like a side dish since I really don’t wish to need to consume cheesy potatoes daily weekly. Problem solved! This little batch edition of sausage is fantastic to get a dish to feed your loved ones. Nowadays you do not need to await a huge event to consume these ideal potatoes.
SMALL BATCH FUNERAL POTATOES
- 15 oz condensed-cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-cheese
- 3 cups frozen cubed-potatoes thawed at room temperature for at least 30 mins
- 1 cup sour-cream
- ½ tsp garlic-powder
- 1 tsp salt
For the Corn Flake Topping
- ¼ cup butter-melted
- 2 cups corn-flakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 7×11 (or even 9×9) inch baking dish with cooking-spray.
- In a big bowl, then put in the potatoes, cream of chicken soup, sour-cream, cheddar-cheese, salt, pepper & garlic-powder. Stir until well blended and the potatoes are evenly covered.
- Pour the potatoes to the skillet & spread them out into an additional layer.
- Set the corn-flakes in a plastic storage bag. Seal the bag and use the hands to squeeze the bag and crush corn batter.
- Pour the crushed-corn batter to a little bowl. Add the melted-butter. Stir to coat the cereal.
- Spoon the corn-flakes evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 35 mins. Cool 5 mins before serving.