Perfect for meal-prep, this recipe is simple to prepare Turkey and Egg Breakfast Casserole made with turkey, egg, sweet-potato, spinach is that so yummy. Eating healthy for breakfast yummy with this particular recipe.
This Turkey Egg Breakfast Casserole is pretty far on another week turning in our loved ones and I can guarantee you there have been several mornings I have had one eye open when dozing together with the other as I prepared this dish.
I knew this could go over as a hit with nearly everyone, and so I awakened early and softly started my homework in the kitchen. Soon after I had laid my ingredients I discovered my Sister-in-law tiptoe in the kitchen and ask if she might help. I handed her a spatula and pointed her toward the skillet.
Just as I was layering the sweet potatoes in the baking-dish she said “Chase does not like sweet potatoes so this ought to be interesting.” Had it been only about anybody else besides my brother I would have happily lined just half of the dishbut my first sisterly believed was that he might address this.
I am convinced he knew something was up as both people were staring him since he took his first bite, but to everybody’s surprise, he loved it! He had been shocked and really said he did not mind the sweet potatoes in any way.
Can I freeze this Turkey and Egg Breakfast Casserole?
Of course, ensure for you have a freezer-safe container for preparing the casserole. Follow the directions up to the stage of baking then cover tightly and store in your freezer until ready to serving again. Prior to baking the dish allow the ingredients thaw completely. Then bake at 375℉ for 30-40minutes.
You could also completely prepare this dish and then freeze it or keep it on your refrigerator. To reheat the casserole place in the oven at 275℉ and allow heat for 15-20minutes.
If you make this recipe, make certain to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You could even share this recipe on your social media. You can also find me on Pinterest.
Try these other Delicious Recipe options:
- Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Light Chiken Asparagus Quinoa Bake
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- White Bread Keto Chaffle – Wonder Bread Chaffle
Turkey and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb ground-turkey
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup baby-spinach
- 1 small sweet-potato, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ tsp garlic-powder
- ½ tsp chili-powder
- 1 tbsp coconut-oil, or more for coating the dish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×9" baking-dish with coconut-oil and put aside.
- Peel & slice the sweet-potato, making sure to reduce them 1/4 inch or less thickness. Any thicker & they will not be tender.
- Line at the bottom of the greased-baking-dish using the chopped potatoes in single-layer, some overlap is fine.
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut-oil in a skillet over moderate heat add the ground-turkey and season with garlic-powder & chili-powder. Then add pepper and salt also for additional seasoning if desired.
- With a spatula split the meat aside and cook till browned for 3-5minutes. Drain and set on top of this sweet-potato layer.
- In a medium-bowl beat the eggs with a whisk and pour on the ground-turkey coating. Season with pepper and salt if needed.
- Set the dish in the oven and cook for 30minutes. Gently slide out the dish, without removing it from the oven & top with the spinach.
- Return to its place and then continue cooking for 5-15minutes before the middle of this casserole is firm. I usually cook my casserole for 40-45minutes in total.